Welcome to the Easy Trust, Inc. (the “Site”) Terms of Service. By accessing Easy Trust, Inc and any pages, services, applications, or sites by Easy Trust you (as defined below) and Easy Trust acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by all of these Terms of Service. You represent and warrant that you are the authorized representative of the entity with the authority to bind the entity to these Terms of Service and agree with these terms. If you do not agree with all of our Terms of Service, please stop using the Site, Documents, and Services.
The following terms shall apply to these Terms of Service:
“We”, “us”, and “our” refers to Easy Trust, Easy Trust Maker, Inc., and Legacy, Inc
"You" refers to you personally, the entity or organization you are representing, beneficiaries, successors, grantors, guardians, principles, predecessors in interest, assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users. Beneficiaries and successors include, but are not limited to, and/or those named or excluded but related to you and/or your interests in your estate plan and Documents.
“Site” refers to all sites, applications, and services made by Easy Trust.
“Services” refers to the Site and all services, including self-help documents, forms, and other products provided by Easy Trust.
“Documents”, and "Forms" refers to forms, templates, and documention on the Site or through the Services.
"Materials" refers to content and information on the Site, Services, or other content by Easy Trust.
"Easy Trust" refers to all terms above in this section, including the Site, Services, Materials, and Documents.
- Easy Trust does not provide legal advice and is not a law firm or an attorney. The Site does not perform services performed by an attorney. The forms provided by Easy Trust are not a substitute for the advice or services of an attorney. We provide self-help forms for your own use. If you need legal advice or your matter is complex, you should consult with a licensed attorney.
- Easy Trust offers self-help tools, Documents, and Materials to assist you with preparing and executing your own estate plan. By using Easy Trust you agree that you are representing yourself with your legal matters.You understand that your purchase, download, and/or use of a form document is not legal advice nor the practice of law. We do not review nor guarantee Documents for accuracy or to ensure they are legally sufficient. The law changes and varies depending on your location and specific circumstances.
- No attorney-client relationship or privilege is created at Easy Trust. Any information you provide is not protected by an attorney-client privilege. If you believe that Easy Trust gave you legal advice, opinion, or recommendations about your legal rights, strategies for forms, or remedies, you will not use, nor pay for Easy Trust services and your purchase is null and void.
- You agree that you are at least 18 years of age and are legally able to enter into a contract.
- You agree that these Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes. You will not perform jury trials nor class actions against Easy Trust or any of its employees, directors, or other affiliates. You (as per the definition of terms, included but not limited to beneficiaries and/or others named in your estate plan and Documents) agree to abide by limited remedies in the event of a dispute.
- You give Easy Trust consent to use your electronic signature when required to file documents. You may withdraw this consent by contacting the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Easy Trust may modify the Terms of Service without any notice. If you would like updates when Terms of Service change or have any questions, you can reach out to us at email@example.com. By continuing to access or use of the site, documents, or services after the modification has been posted you are agreeing to the updated terms. If you do not agree with new terms, you will no longer use the site.
- You understand that any Easy Trust review of your answers is limited to completeness, spelling, and consistency of names. You agree to read the documents before signing and agree to be solely responsible for the final documents. You and all involved either directly or indirectly in the use and/or effects of the Site, Documents, and/or Materials will not hold Easy Trust liable or responsible for any damage, loss, or any other issues arising from the use of the Site, Services, or Documents.
- Limited Liability and indemnification: Except as prohibited by law, in no event shall Easy Trust, its directors, employees, agents, and affiliates be held liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damage, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, data, goodwill, or other intangible losses. Easy Trust will not be responsible for any damage, loss, or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of services or your account. Whether it is an action of contract, negligence, or other tortious act, including without limitation any claim for personal injury or property damage from this agreement and any violation by me of any federal state or local laws, statutes, rules or regulations. Except as prohibited by law, if there is liability found on Easy Trust, it will be limited to the amount paid for the products and/or services and under no circumstances will there be consequential or punitive damages. Some states do not allow exclusion or limitation of punitive damages, so the limitation may not apply to you. The limitation does not apply to residents of North Carolina.
- If any portion is deemed as invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
License to Use
Easy Trust grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our Documents for your own personal use. We grant you permission to download, view, copy and print Documents for your own personal, informational, and non-commercial use upon purchase only.
You agree that you will not sell, license, edit, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, create derivative works, or reverse engineer any Documents or Materials provided by Easy Trust. Easy Trust may terminate this license at any time.
If you breach any part of our Terms of Service, this permission terminates automatically without notice ad you are prohibited from use. If this occurs, you agree to immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Documents and/or Materials and to stop using Easy Trust. Any unauthorized use of any Documents or Materials contained on the Site or available through our Services may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, laws of privacy, and/or communication regulations and statutes.
The Site and Services are owned and operated by Easy Trust, Inc. All right, title, and interest in content on the Site, including but not limited to Documents and Materials are owned by Easy Trust. Some graphics are owned by their respective creators or other third parties. None of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, or transmitted or distributed without written consent of Easy Trust. Any rights not expressly granted here are reserved by Easy Trust.
Intellectual Property Rights
Links to Third Party Sites
Easy Trust may contain links to third-party websites, services, or other content that are not controlled by us. We are no responsible for and do not endorse any such third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access a third party website from our Site, Material, Documents, or Services, you do so at your own risk.. You expressly relieve Easy Trust from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website, services, materials, or content. Your participation of use or services of third parties found through our Site, including payment and delivery of goods, and any other terms (such as warranties) are solely between you and the third party. You agree that Easy Trust is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort relating to your dealing with a third party.
Easy Trust, the Site, the Documents, and all Materials provided on or through your use of the Site or applications are provided “as is”.
Easy Trust makes no warranty, whether expressed or implied, that the quality of information and forms, whether oral or written, including the Site, Documents, and Materials, will meet your requirements and expectations.
We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, reliabilitiy, or completeness of the site or materials or docuemtns or the content of any websites linked to the site and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content and materials, (2) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the site, (3) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the site, (5) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the site by any third party, and/or (6) any errors or omissions in any content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the site.
Use, access, and downloading content and Documents from the Site and Services are done at your own discretion and at your own risk. You agree that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or loss of data from downloading or using the Site.
We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the site, any hyperlinked website, or any website or mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and any third-party providers of products or services.
Electronic Communications, Transactions, and Signatures
Visiting the Site, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing. You hereby agree to the use of electronic signatures, contracts, orders, and other records, and to electronic delivery of notices, policies, and records of transactions initiated or completed by us or via the site. You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us. As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site. Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
Free Pro Membership Trial
We offer a 30-day free Membership trial to users who create their estate plan with us. The account will be charged according to the user’s chosen subscription at the end of the free trial. You may cancel your free trial at any time through the Settings page or by contacting us.
You may cancel your subscription at any time through the Settings page or by contacting us. Your cancellation will take effect at the end of the current paid term. If you are unsatisfied with our services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (650) 797 - 1007.
We offer third party sign in to make use as easy as possible. We do not share your specific personally identifiable details with third parties or the public without your permission or unless you specifically want us to. As part of the functionality of the Site, you may link your account with online accounts you have with third-party service providers (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”) by either: (1) providing your Third-Party Account login information through the Site; or (2) allowing us to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account. You represent and warrant that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to us and/or grant us access to your Third-Party Account, without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account, and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by the third-party service provider of the Third-Party Account. By granting us access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that (1) we may access, make available, and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (the “Social Network Content”) so that it is available on and through the Site via your account, including without limitation any friend lists and (2) we may submit to and receive from your Third-Party Account additional information to the extent you are notified when you link your account with the Third-Party Account. Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your account on the Site. Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then Social Network Content may no longer be available on and through the Site. You will have the ability to disable the connection between your account on the Site and your Third-Party Accounts at any time. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. We make no effort to review any Social Network Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for any Social Network Content. You acknowledge and agree that we may access your email address book associated with a Third-Party Account and your contacts list stored on your mobile device or tablet computer solely for purposes of identifying and informing you of those contacts who have also registered to use the Site. You can deactivate the connection between the Site and your Third-Party Account by contacting us using the contact information below or through your account settings (if applicable). We will attempt to delete any information stored on our servers that was obtained through such Third-Party Account, except the username and profile picture that become associated with your account.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the Site infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify us using the contact information provided below (a “Notification”). A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification. Please be advised that pursuant to federal law you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure that material located on or linked to by the Site infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
Term and Termination
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
Modifications and Interruptions
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Site without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
Services for the United States
Easy Trust is a United States company and does not currently service other countries nor do we direct any Services toward other jurisdictions or citizens of other countries. You may not use the Site if you are a resident outside the United States, of a country embargoed by the United States, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government. Materials found on the Site are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located and citizens of the United States.
North Carolina Users
At this time, we do not offer immediate service to North Carolina users. If you would like a template to review with an attorney before usage, please email us at email@example.com.
We strive to resolve your concerns quickly and to your satisfaction. If you have an issue, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve your issue to your satisfaction, you agree to resolve the disputes through binding arbitration or in small claims court rather than in a court of general jurisdiction. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. Both Easy Trust and you agree that the result will be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes ("AAA Consumer Rules"), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org.
Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation shall be governed by the AAA Consumer Rules and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by either Party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except where otherwise required by the applicable AAA rules or applicable law, the arbitration will take place in United States County, Delaware. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
If the arbitrator finds that the claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), you agree to reimburse Easy Trust for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules.
In no event shall any Dispute brought by either Party related in any way to the Site be commenced more than one (1) years after the cause of action arose. If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then those sections shall be omitted, while the remaining enforcable clauses shall remain.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the “Changes to Terms of Service” section above, if the “Binding Arbitration” section changes after the date you first accepted these Terms of Service (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms of Service), you may dismiss the changes by sending us written notice within 30 days of the date such change became effective, as indicated in the “Last Updated Date” above or in the date of any notification to you of such change. By dismissing any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Dispute between you and Easy Trust in accordance with the provisions of this “Binding Arbitration” section as of the date you first accepted these Terms of Service.
The Parties agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Dispute between the Parties individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (a) no arbitration shall be joined with any other proceeding; (b) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (c) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
You agree to, by the maximum extent permitted by law, that Easy Trust, its agents, employees, affiliates, contractors, directors, or affiliates, in no event shall be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential,exemplary, punitive, incidental, or special damages.
This includes, but is not limited to monetary loss, the loss of goodwill, loss of data, damages, or other intangible or tangible losses resulting from use or incorrect use of Easy Trust.
You agree to hold Easy Trust harmless for any damage or loss resulting in hacking or other unauthorized access or use of the services or your account or compromised data.
Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the performance of the Site, as well as data relating to your use of the Site. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Site. You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
The Easy Trust Guarantee
We offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee for users. We do not offer refunds or exchanges for third-party fees incurred (such as mandatory or applicable federal, state, county, legal fees, local administrative fees, expedite fees, certified copy fees, notary fees, deed fees, and other transactional fees).
We are very passionate about user happiness and if you are not fully satisfied with our service, we would be happy to work with you to make things right. Please reach out to us at email@example.com for our satisfaction guarantee guidelines.
If there is anything else we can help you with, you have comments, questions, or would like to resolve a complaint, please contact us at:
Easy Trust, Inc.
130 Serra Lane
Daly City, CA 94015
Phone: (650) 797 - 1007